You Will Find...


Me.

Search This Blog

Sunday, September 13

The Protestors

"We the people..."

When the politicians tell us to simply accept the things that are happening, when they prove to us their lack of intelligence by calling us names (AstroTurf), and when they give long, feathered up speeches about how "Obama is our savior, he will save the world from Evil/Capitalism/Conservatives," I'm reminded by the three strongest, most deep words ever to be written in the history of this great nation.

"We the people..."

See, the great thing about America is we get to make our own destiny. We choose the lifestyle that fits our personality and culture. We form our future. We, the People, created this great nation. We, the People, decide where this country should go. At least, that's how its supposed to be.

It saddens me that protesting, standing up when everyone is on their knee's to a tyrant, I mean, president, believing when all odds are against you, is no longer praised in this nation. It was off the splintered hands of the man who painted signs and slogans that made this nation great. When politicians have so much power to dictate a people out of firm belief, it eventually leads to a Democrat-run congress, and a nation who is holding on with its last grip to recover from a deep recession.

This is exactly why I raise my signs, wave my flag, and shout my slogans.

"We the People..."

It breaks my heart that people are so willing to label us "just another group of protesters." This is our future.

I guess I'm just sorry for believing in a better America. One that doesn't rely on the government for every little need, but an America that relies on what the Fore Fathers relied on:

"We the People..."

No comments:

Post a Comment