You Will Find...


Me.

Search This Blog

Friday, October 23

The Memoirs I wish I could write. Page 41

-pping me from giving you everything. He's the reason I..." I paused. We both knew where this was going. After a year of being one, it was time to break the bond. "Jane. You know this is the only way for me to move on. I've loved you with such a passion, only to get my fire blown out." She stared at me, with honest eyes. She knew it to be true.

"We have to let 'us' go. Your happiness is more important to me than life itself. 'We' can no longer exist." We continued to walk. The park we began this path a year ago was going to hold the moment we ended it.

Silence overcame the atmosphere, though our hearts were screaming for each other. Memory Lane wasn't so fun anymore. Walking by the pond where we first kissed, the tree where we first said those three words, the fence we walked along with our hands intertwined. She let go of her first tear, and I knew it was only one of many that would fall to the ground.

I gazed behind us, knowing I would never go back, knowing this would be the last time.

Page 41

No comments:

Post a Comment