You Will Find...


Me.

Search This Blog

Friday, December 18

A Divine Relationship

Something I've always had to remind myself is that I'm not just doing a simple process, task, or lifestyle called Christianity. This goes beyond a fragile lifestyle or philosophy.

This is a relationship. Even as I type this, God wants to be completely tangible to me, completely my everything. I especially have a hard time writing this because the time that I use to type this is time that God may want to speak to me.

One of my new years resolution is to grow in my ability to communicate with God. I want to be on-call at all times, willing to worship Him with everything, all the time, any time. I had a taste of this the other night.

I was playing one of the songs that will be on Catalyst's new EP: Matchless, and I was just thinking about the lyrics that I wrote:

"The skies depart,
the waves come crashing,
its all for you
The mountains Sing
The rain shouts your glory
And its all for you"

And I was meditating on how amazing the nature that God has created is.

How many rain drops fall, or ants underground live and die, or waves crash that we aren't even aware exist. I mean, how many lizards exist in the mountains that no human will ever see, simply to worship God, the creator?

And even more, I have words to pronounce to God, how much MORE can I worship him?

I don't know, maybe I'm rambling, but God truly has a desire to have a relationship with us, to have "inside jokes", to be able to think each others thoughts (more so, me thinking his thoughts), to be able to have something beyond the thing we call "Friendship."

TO return to the song Matchless. A single word in that song is sort of like an 'Inside Joke' between me and God.

I say marvelous to A LOT of people, especially when I'm in a theatrical setting. And one day, God told me "You call everyone else marvelous, and you have yet to call me that." And I stood back, and was just in awe.

Now, everytime I sing "Your Marvelous", its like, "God, remember when..."

I want more of that.
I want more of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment